Island Hospital Auxiliary
Anacortes, WA 98221
P: (360) 299-4201
Join in on the fun.
The Island Hospital Auxiliary’s mission is to work collaboratively with Island Hospital leadership to support and promote special projects and services that help raise funds to benefit Island Hospital, its patients and the community. We are a volunteer group whose primary focus is fundraising and more importantly, “FUN-raising.” All are invited to join!
Raising funds to support Island Hospital.
The Auxiliary was formed in 1958 to assist the hospital with equipment and special program funding needs that were not always available in the annual budget. In addition, the Auxiliary has undertaken several important community projects, such as the Vial of Life program. Over the years, we have purchased equipment for many hospital departments and contributed funding for facility upgrades.
Currently, we focus on several fundraisers throughout the year. Here are the highlights.
Meetings and Membership Benefits
The Auxiliary meets the first Monday of the month, September through June (with the exception of January), at 11:30 AM in the Fidalgo Room.
Our monthly luncheon meetings aren’t just for business, but also include educational presentations that focus on the well-being of our community. Membership benefits include:
- Satisfaction of knowing our work directly benefits programs and patient care departments through the purchase of needed equipment and support
- Friendship, camaraderie and a sense of adding value to our hospital and community
- Opportunity to participate in FUN-raising events and make new friends
- Limited time commitment
Annual dues are $20. Please join us at our next meeting! For more information, contact (360) 299-2401 or email email@example.com.
Spotlight program – Vial of Life
The Vial of Life provides emergency responders nationwide with critical medical information that helps them provide appropriate and timely treatment. The self-contained kit includes vial, instructions, decals, medical information from and a Physicians Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST) form.
- To pick up for free Vial of Life kit, visit one of these convenient Fidalgo Island Locations:
- Island Hospital Foundation
- Anacortes Fire Department
- Anacortes Senior Activity Center
- Island Hospital Health Resource Center
- Anacortes Windermere Real Estate
For more information about the Vial of Life program, please contact Betty-Ann Ely at (360) 840-3038.