The popular Tuesday Farm Stand at Island Hospital, sponsored by the Island Hospital Employee Wellness committee, opens June 9 in the courtyard near the hospital’s 24th Street main entrance. The IH Farm Stand is the perfect place to shop for local produce and much more from Schuh Farms in Mount Vernon.
The Farm Stand runs every Tuesday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. through September 8 and will feature:
- Produce (including berries)
- Jams and honeys
- Fresh-baked fruit pies and shortcake including gluten-free items
- Fresh cut flowers
Weekly Fresh-to-Go bags are available to pre-order for $13. The bags contain five four to five produce items ready for easy pick-up at the Farm Stand. What you get in your Fresh-to-Go bag depends on what’s in season. Anyone interested in receiving the weekly Farm Stand emails with a listing of the produce in the Fresh-to-Go bags and instructions on how to order, can email email@example.com and provide full name, email address and a cell phone number.
Key Safety Measures
- No reusable bags at this time.
- Maintain social distance (6′) while at Farm Stand; limited number of shoppers allowed in courtyard at one time.
- Shoppers will not be allowed to touch produce.
- Pre-orders are encouraged. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (360) 424-6942.
- Limited entry and exit points to Farm Stand courtyard.