Fight the flu
Flu season is one of the worst times of the year, but cold and flu viruses can be avoided. By following good health habits and getting vaccinated each year, you can reduce your risks of catching the flu and prevent the spreading of germs to others.
How to beat flu season
Influenza, commonly referred to as flu, is a respiratory illness caused by a virus. The flu virus is highly contagious and can be life-threatening for certain population groups. Nobody plans on getting the flu, but you can follow these tips to avoid getting it.
- Vaccination is the best way to protect you and your family.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand cleaner.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth – germs spread this way.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze to keep from spreading flu viruses to others – throw the tissue away after use.
- Avoid contact with sick people.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, stay home and isolate yourself from others.
Where to get your flu shot
Your doctor’s office, walk-in clinics and many local pharmacies offer the flu vaccine.
Anacortes Family Medicine and Fidalgo Medical Associates will be offering two Saturday Flu Shot Clinics for their patients in November. Appointments are required.
Saturday, November 7 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday, November 14 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Call (360) 293-3101 to schedule your flu shot today.