Message your provider conveniently via patient portal
What is the best way to communicate with your provider: message via the patient portal or phone call?Providers overwhelmingly encourage patients to use their myIslandHealth patient portal for communication on non-urgent medical questions. Messaging on the portal can reduce miscommunication and delays that sometimes occur with phone communication.
Patients are heeding their providers’ advice by putting down their phones and picking up their tablets. Many patients are accustomed to using electronic communication and prefer it over using the phone so messaging their provider is second nature. It gives them the freedom to send messages to their provider at a time that is convenient for them (messages can be sent 24/7) and there is no waiting on-hold or for a call back.
Questions you can ask over the portal include:
- Visit follow-up questions
- Questions about your lab results or diagnostic tests
- Questions or advice about new or current medications
- Non-urgent medical questions
For patients and providers, messaging on the portal provides a fluid line of communication that saves time.
In addition to being able to message your provider, with the myIslandHealth patient portal you’ll have access to:
- View and request appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Review your personal health record
- View lab results and diagnostic reports
- View current billing activity
- Update personal profile information
Click here to sign up for the myIslandHealth patient portal now.