A planned communications system upgrade for Island Hospital and hospital-owned clinics will occur on Wednesday, November 4 beginning at noon. Our goal is to provide shorter wait times for our patients. In addition, the new system will allow technical capabilities like forwarding, call back options, notification of wait times, and more that were not available on our legacy system.
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please dial 9-1-1.
- Island Hospital will have additional staff and technical support personnel available to assist during the transition.
- At the time of the switch (Nov. 4 at noon), calls in progress on the old system will be able to finish and incoming calls will be routed to the new system.
- While we do not anticipate any issues during the transition, callers may experience longer than anticipated wait times while staff learn to master the new system.
- Telephone numbers to the hospital and hospital-owned clinics will remain the same.
We appreciate your patience during this upgrade.