In order to be tested for COVID-19 at an Island Hospital clinic, you must be assessed by one of our providers.
- If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms such as shortness of breath or chest pain, please go to the nearest Emergency Department.
- If you are an established patient of an Island Hospital clinic and are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please contact your provider at 360.293.3101. A triage nurse will determine if you need to be tested and provide instructions. You may also use the Walk-in Clinic. Our hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
- If you are not an established patient and you are ill or have COVID-19 symptoms, please use the Island Hospital Walk-in Clinic. Our hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.
Additional testing locations:
Please contact the testing facility directly to confirm hours, locations, and testing requirements have not changed.
Skagit County Public Health Drive-Thru Testing Site (New location as of 11/18/20)
If you are a Skagit County resident or work in Skagit County and are symptomatic OR have a recommendation from a medical provider or public health official to be tested, please go to the Skagit County Public Health Drive-Thru Testing Site. The county provides all contact tracing for COVID-19 exposures. For more information, visit: https://www.skagitcounty.net/Departments/HealthDiseases/coronavirusdriveup.htm
Location: Skagit Fairgrounds, 501 Taylor Street, Mount Vernon, WA 98273 (Enter through the South Gate of the Fairgrounds)
Hours: Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday: 12 p.m. – 7 p.m.
No appointment necessary
*Will test if asymptomatic, but if insurance does not cover being tested the cost is $156.00, due upfront.
Testing Locations for WhidbeyHealth:
- WhidbeyHealth Medical Center (Coupeville)
- WhidbeyHealth Emergency Room (Coupeville)
- WhidbeyHealth Walk-In Clinic: Clinton
- WhidbeyHealth Walk-In Clinic: Oak Harbor
Rite Aid – Mt. Vernon*
412 East College Way, Mt. Vernon, WA 98273
*Go online to www.riteaid.com/pharmacy/services/covid-19-testing, schedule an appointment and then you will be directed to the drive thru at the pharmacy.
Free for 18 and older