Welcome to Island Hospital
To ensure that your experience is as comfortable as possible, we have many service amenities available for our patients and their families. Our commitment to quality and safety for our staff, patients and visitors is our highest priority.
Visiting hours - Revised effective August 31, 2021
In order to protect our patients during the COVID-19 pandemic we are implementing the following visitation guidelines.
- COVID+ patients are not permitted visitors at this time.
- Our waiting areas are closed to visitors.
- Support persons must remain with the patient at all times.
- Support persons must wear a mask at all times.
PRIMARY & SPECIALTY CLINICS:
- One (1) support person.
- One (1) support person for pregnancy ultrasounds.
HOSPITAL OR OUTPATIENT DEPARTMENTS::
- One (1) support person per stay for inpatient admissions NOT related to COVID-19.
- Two (2) support persons per stay for the Birth Center.
- One (1) support person per stay for Emergency Department visits.
- Two (2) support persons per stay for children under 18.
- One (1) support person per stay for end-of-life patients.*
*Adjustments may be allowed after discussion with your care team.
- One (1) support person is permitted to help check in and assist with discharge.
- During surgery, support person must wait off premises. Updates will be provided by phone.
- Two (2) support persons for children under 18.
We encourage the use of phone and video calls for patients to stay in touch with loved ones as well as to keep them informed regarding their plan of care.
Please note: Video recording is NOT permitted without staff permission.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Interpretation services and audio loop amplifiers
Effective communication between patients and their healthcare provider is vital to achieving access to quality care and ensuring positive health outcomes. Island Hospital makes interpretation services available at no cost 24/7, in compliance with federal and state laws, to assist patients, their family members and other legally authorized persons. In addition, we offer assistive hearing devices for individuals with hearing loss. Click here to learn more.
Gifts & More is currently closed due to COVID-19.
Cafeteria - Island Bistro
Island Bistro is open Monday through Friday, 7 AM - 7 PM and Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 11:30 AM - 1 PM. For the convenience of Island Hospital visitors, vending machines located just off of Central Registration are available 24 hours a day.
The chapel is located across from the Birth Center. For spiritual care services, call (360) 661-4733 or visit our Chaplains webpage for more information.
For the convenience of our guests, an ATM is located in the hallway near Central Registration.
Electric-vehicle charging stations
The Island Hospital campus has two electric-vehicle charging stations. One is located in the lower level parking lot of the Medical Office Building and the second is in the employee parking lot on 26th Street.