Island Primary Care – Orcas
7 Deye Lane
Eastsound, WA 98245
Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Appointments required for all visits.
For after-hours care, please call: 360.376.2561.
We offer a variety of services, including:
- After-hours Care & Same-day Availability
- Diagnostic Testing
- Family Medicine
- Patient Care Coordination
- Women’s Health
Accessing After-hours Care
If you are have a life-threatening event, such as a heart attack or stroke, please call 911.
- If your urgent health event occurs after the clinic is closed and it is not life-threatening, please call 360.376.2561.
- You will be asked to provide relevant information and the on-call Island Health physician will return the call within 30 minutes to discuss the situation and provide advice.
COVID-19 Testing & Vaccines
Island Primary Care – Orcas is committed to providing COVID-19 testing and vaccines for patients locally, either through our clinic or in collaboration with our community partners, San Juan County Public Health and Ray’s Pharmacy.
COVID testing for symptomatic, possible exposure, pre-procedural, and return to school or work at the clinic can be scheduled on the following days:
Monday, Wednesday or Friday, 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Tuesdays, 4:00–6:00 p.m.
Results are usually returned after 24 hours and can be accessed in your Island Health patient portal account. Patients are notified of negative results by the clinic staff and immediately on receipt of a positive.
Call 360.376.2561 to schedule a COVID-19 test.
To find a local vaccine provider, go to www.vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov (Washington State Dept. of Health).
Courtesy Labs at Island Primary Care – Orcas
Island Primary Care – Orcas is happy to facilitate lab orders for an outside provider; but please note that we are not a walk-in lab. There are several things to keep in mind when requesting lab work from providers outside of Island Health.
- Please plan ahead for courtesy labs from your specialists by allowing one to two weeks for scheduling and processing.
- A current order must be brought in or faxed to our office at 360.466.6139 for phlebotomist review before an appointment can be scheduled and at least one week before the results are needed. There are some uncommon orders we may not be able to fulfill due to supply availability or special processing.
- All lab appointments are scheduled from 9 a.m.–2:30 p.m. The specimens are transported to the Island Health laboratory either by plane or by ferry each afternoon.
- For courtesy labs, we function as a “draw facility” only; however, the results will appear in your Island Health patient portal.
- The provider ordering your labs is responsible for communicating your results to you. Please contact your physician’s office directly if you have a question on your lab results.
- Lab result times vary, each test requires different amounts of time to process. At a minimum, most results will take 12 to 24 hours to process although there are some exceptions. For example, a COVID tests takes a few hours to process and upload once received by the Island Health lab, but a urine culture will need several days to show bacteria growth, appearing in the patient portal several days after the COVID results.
Thank you for your understanding when requesting lab work from outside providers.
New to the Clinic?
New Patient Tips
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- Bring completed New Patient forms with you.
- Make sure you have photo ID and the most current version of your insurance cards.
- Bring a complete list of your current medications and dosages.
Sign up for updates from your clinic!
Get news from Island Primary Care – Orcas in your inbox.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Island Health, 1211 24th St , Anacortes, WA, 98221, US, https://islandhealth.org. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email.
Our goal is to keep our patients and our community informed. Please read through our bi-monthly clinic updates for news and information about Island Primary Care – Orcas.