For the second year in a row, Island Hospital received top honors by Healthgrades, a leading online resource that evaluates hospital quality. The two recent honors from Healthgrades include:
- America’s 100 Best Orthopedic Surgery™ 2021
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ 2021
Island Hospital was the only hospital in the State of Washington to receive the 100 Best Orthopedic Surgery award, recognizing superior clinical outcomes in back and neck surgery, spinal fusion, hip fracture treatment, hip replacement, and total knee replacement. The Joint Replacement Excellence Award honors superior clinical outcomes in knee and hip replacement.
By analyzing patient outcomes data for nearly 4,500 hospitals nationwide, Healthgrades utilizes quality measures and clinical data to help consumers compare hospital performance. Healthgrades evaluates hospital quality and conditions based solely on clinical outcomes to help patients make an informed choice in where to receive care.
“It’s important that patients know they have a choice when it comes to healthcare within our region. Healthgrades helps patients better understand where they can go to receive the best possible care and quality outcomes. Along with the highest star Medicare rating in the region, Island Hospital is proud to be recognized for the exceptional quality care we provide for our patients,” said Island Hospital CEO Charles Hall, MSN, MBA, RN.
The recent awards are just the latest high quality, satisfaction and culture awards recognizing the value Island Hospital brings to the region. Other awards include:
- 2021 Women’s Choice Award Best Hospitals – The Women’s Choice Award identifies America’s Best Hospitals across the nation to help women make smart healthcare choices. Island Hospital was awarded the following by Women’s Choice in 2021: Obstetrics Award
Emergency Care Award
- 2021 Golden Apple Award for Employee Wellness – Island Hospital’s Employee Wellness Committee was recently awarded the esteemed Golden Apple Award from the Healthy Worksite Summit Planning Committee.
- 2021 Zo8 Award for Employee Health Promotion – The Washington State Health Care Authority awards the Zo8 to employers with outstanding employee health programs in Washington State.
- 2020 Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™– This award recognizes top hospitals in the nation for providing excellence in patient safety by preventing infections, medical errors and other preventable complications.
- 2020 I-Vantage Top National 100 Rural Hospital Quality Award – The Chartis Center for Rural Health honors outstanding performance among the nation’s rural hospitals based on the results of their Hospital Strength INDEX®.
Published on June 4, 2021